The aim of YRTA is a common economical entirety. The entirety, whose core is formed by passive house, which together with surrounding auxiliary buildings makes unified best design value. The entirety, which allows building to achieve:
- Heating energy requirement of building ≤ 15 kWh/(m²a)
- Maximal cooling load of building ≤ 15 kWh/(m²a)
- Annual energy consumption for heating, hot water and housekeeping ≤ 120kWh/(m²a)
- Air permeability of building box in case of measured pressure difference 50 Pa is maximum 0.6 1/h (times an hour).
Additional use of solar panels allows you to reduce electricity consumption to zero or even gain a positive value.
In order to achieve the goal, YRTA house projects take into consideration five main ideas:
- Sufficiently thick insulation within the entire house
- Certified windows and doors for the passive house
- Certified ventilation unit with heat recovery
- Air density
- Bypass of free house outer casing
In case of the passive house, the solar heat radiation is also important, which is supposed to be maximally used due to proper location against the cardinal direction. The indoor climate of passive house is healthy. It is good and comfortable for living year round. It is not cold in winter or hot in summer. In the beginning, building of passive house may seem rather expensive, though сost-cutting will be achieved in future on utility expenses and help stop climate warming.
Definition and method of passive house has been being developed since 1990s in Darmstadt Passive House Institute (D-r Wolfgang Feist). Passive houses are constantly monitored, and amendments to the method are introduced.
We have taken the passive house method and support, added solutions and design by KAMP Arhitektid, combined them with our vision, and got the YRTA – SAVE MORE TOMORROW.